Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Ari Lennox Quits Music After Losing Soul Train Award To Lizzo And Fans Understand Why



Ari Lennox is quitting music after being snubbed multiple times at the Soul Train Awards. Her album, titled Shea Butter Baby lost to the likes of Lizzo and H.E.R.


She took to Twitter to express how heartbroken she was because she specifically made soul music. She has been sticking to the same genre for about ten years while Lizzo crosses from R&B to pop and rap.


She fired off a series of tweets that read: ‘No one will have to worry about me complaining after this current complaint. Lol what I will not do is ever be this depressed again. It’s not just an award. It wasn’t any award show. It was the soul train awards. As you can see I’m [a] big fan of soul music and a huge fan of soul train history.’


After many people declared her as being ‘bitter,’ she continued to explain the importance to her.


‘Being snubbed was something I always expected and was definitely prepared for just not by them. My intent was to never shade other nominees. I’m hurt and don’t expect soulless haters to understand that.’


In one message that upset her true fans, she declared that she was quitting music altogether.


‘I’m not selling out. So I quit. It’s clear I’m not ‘cool’ enough. Not trendy enough and I don’t care to be. I don’t strive for that. I’m not going to chase this sh*t ever again. No more fake sh*t on my part.’


She had many followers who were by her side.


‘Ari Lennox made music for the erykah badu fans, the india arie fans, and the andre 3000 fans. She didn;t want a Grammy, she wanted to be recognized at the awards show for black people by black people,’ one tweeted.


Another wrote: ‘Ari you are appreciated. Everyone who is a fan of actual soul music knows that you were robbed,’ added another.


Advertisement






The singer has since deleted her tweets.




Post Views:
1,349





watch us on youtube










Ari Lennox Quits Music After Losing Soul Train Award To Lizzo And Fans Understand Why

No comments:

Post a Comment