Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Emilia Clarke Recalls Pressure To Bare All On Game of Thrones



Emilia Clarke is recalling the pressure she endured to bare it all on Game of Thrones. The actress stopped by Dax Shepard’s Armchair Expert this week to have a candid talk with the host.


During her first season on the HBO hit, Clarke felt coerced to repeatedly film nude scenes. Since she was a new and young actress, Clarke didn’t think she had the power to stand up for herself. She was only 23 years old when the hit drama began.


“I took the job and then they sent me the scripts and I was reading them, and I was like, ‘Oh, there’s the catch! But I’d come fresh from drama school and I approached it as a job, if it’s in the script then it’s clearly needed, this is what this is and I’m going to make sense of it. Everything’s going to be cool,” she shared with Shepard.






Shooting GOT was a challenging time for the talented star. Clarke told Shepard life on set was unbearable at times. The only way Clarke could deal with life on the HBO drama was to cry in the bathroom before her nude scenes.


“Whatever I’m feeling is wrong, I’m going to cry in the bathroom and then I’m going to come back and we’re going to do the scene and it’s going to be completely fine,” is what Clarke would say to herself before shooting those uncomfortable scenes.


The experience taught her a lot, including how to be more assertive when it comes to not doing something that makes her feel uncomfortable. Now as a 33-year-old, Clarke is not afraid to speak her mind.


“I’m a lot more savvy now with what I’m comfortable with, and what I am okay with doing. I’ve had fights onset before where I’m like, ‘No, the sheet stays up,’ and they’re like, ‘You don’t want to disappoint your Game of Thrones fans.’ And I’m like, ‘F-%$k you,” she expressed.






There was one person who stuck up for Clarke, her costar Jason Momoa. He not only took care of her but Momoa let Clarke know her feelings were valid. She will forever be thankful for the times she got to work with him, as well as the way he took care of her on the Game of Thrones set.


Emilia Clarke no longer feels pressure to take her clothes off for roles. She has learned to speak her mind and shut down anyone who tries to put her in an uncomfortable position.


Advertisement






Fans can catch her in the new film, The Last Christmas. It is in theaters now.




Post Views:
174





watch us on youtube







https://platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js


Emilia Clarke Recalls Pressure To Bare All On Game of Thrones

No comments:

Post a Comment